Monday, January 9, 2017

Multitasking

I'm tired of hearing about how women can multitask and it is somehow beyond the ability of men. I will be the first to admit that often I am focused solely on the task at hand. When shopping the important thing is to get what I went there to buy. I'm not generally interested in just looking around. Recently Carol said something that caused me to confront her about women and multitasking. She basically said that when women go to the bathroom they are looking at what else needs to be done. Are there towels that need to go to the wash? Does the trash need to be emptied? She went on with a few other things she might consider while she was using the bathroom. 

Here is my response. Well, it should be easy for you to multitask in that situation. You're just sitting there. Why not take some time and look around to see what needs to be done. I multitask when I go to the bathroom. I'm standing there with my zipper down digging in my pants trying to find the shy little fella. I have to get my stance correct and properly aim. Since I have to hold my equipment I have to make sure I don't piss on my fingers. I have to be sure that I'm peeing in the toilet or urinal and not on the wall or floor. By god if I don't want to catch hell I had better raise and lower the ring. I asked her if she really wanted me standing there pissing and looking around the room to see if there are dirty towels or the trash needs emptied? I've got too many other tasks at hand with peeing, aiming and keeping my fingers dry to worry about those issues. 

So, do men multitask? Hell yes, or your bathroom floor is wet and the room smells like stale piss. 

1 comment: