Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

This is going to be a significant year for me. It is one of those zero number years. In the Spring I will turn 60 years of age. In the Fall, Carol and I will have been married 40 years. It was interesting when I realized I had spent as much time with her as I had before we were married. This year she will have been married to me for almost two thirds of my life. It seems hard to believe. Where did the time go? What have I done with the time I've had? If you are looking for answers to those two questions here you will be disappointed. I don't know and in many ways it doesn't matter. The real question seems to be what is to be done with the time that is left. No one knows how much it will be. Rest assured when consideration is given now is not the time for a mid life crisis. Mid life came and went some time ago. The issue for this blog is what is intended for this year. The plan is to blog every day this year. So you can choose to journey around the sun with me on this trip. There is no claim being made that any of it will be interesting or that anyone will be enlightened by anything I say. It will be a year where I talk about family, or politics, or religion or just some stupid shit that flew in my brain and out my fingers onto this keyboard. I hope someone will come along for the ride.

I have spent a good deal of time over the past few months scanning family pictures and trying my best to put pictures with names. Monday afternoon I went to see my Mom because my Aunt Dolly was visiting and she was scheduled to get on the train to go home yesterday. I had a number of pictures of her children and grandchildren and thought she would be the best one to identify who was in each picture. Mom has continued to dig through her house and find me pictures. She was able to provide me with four photo albums I had never seen. One meant a lot to Carol and I as all our early pictures of Tammie and Jeremy had been ruined by water. Mom also gave me a photo album that dated back to the early 1950's. It had the baby pictures of me and both my brothers. I will share my favorite of me from the group and the only one I have scanned so far.

I like that picture because it seems a true representation of who I am. The slightly cross eyed, pudgy, goofy look with big ears and no hair. See things haven't changed all that much. This picture is from July 1954 so I would be about 4 months old. My memories of those days are dim but I think this kid pretty well summed it up for me.

Those are my memories from July 1954. Thanks for stopping by. I will do my best to be here every day. Have a great 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Ane entry every day? Ordinarily I'd say "Can't be done", but with you all things are possible. I'm strapping on my seatbelt for a fun wild year on Bodine-DILLIGAF.

    ReplyDelete