Monday, January 27, 2014

You Win, I Surrender

I'm tired of fighting. Tired of getting shoved around. I've been bullied too long. They say you should fight back. They say it will make the bully back down. THEY LIED!!!!! I fought the good fight. I gave it everything I had. I dug deep into my soul. It is now a cold void. Mike, I was wrong. Sometimes real men RUN. Sometimes they leave things behind so they can be where they need to be. There are hot coals in the fireplace today. The furnace runs hours on end. Still we are assaulted. Winter this year is merciless. I have seen Mother Nature and she is a cold hearted bitch. Winter, you win.

We woke up this morning to a temperature of -6 F. It is sunny according to the weather channel. The high today was +3 F. Now Friday, Saturday and Sunday are going to be more moderate. By moderate I mean highs in the 20's or 30's. Monday, the day this will post the predicted high is -2 F and the overnight low will be -13 F. We will not see a high in the 30's in the forseeable future. Wind chill advisories are post for the below zero days because winds are predicated in the 20 to 40 mph range. That will give you wind chills in the -30 to -45 F range.

The last cold spell they blamed on the polar vortex. This one is due to the cross polar flow. According to weather people the cold air that normally resides in Siberia can cross the pole and enter North America. I have a couple of thoughts about this. The cold air belongs in Siberia where it lives. It should be stopped at the US/Canada boarder and refused entry. Canadians like cold weather, you know for ice hockey and curling. The common term here appears to be polar. If I want to see anything involving a pole it would most likely be a scantily clad or nude woman. Given the predicted weather here I don't think that is going to happen. Carol doesn't like the idea and there are no other women out here in BFE to dance around our flag pole. Teddi and Lily seem to have had enough of the cold. Lily has sensitive feet and has been trying to figure out how to pee while levitating. It is interesting to watch.

So, winter, you win! This is the last year I am doing this. I will take the advice of my feathered friends and head south next fall. I am a girlie man. A sissy. Pick a name, I don't care. I give up. When summer rolls around don't say this to me.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad to see you crumble into a quivering ball of surrender that would make a Frenchman blush. The grass is always greener…or in your case, the snow is always grayer. I am hoping to make a return trip up North and participate in a good old blizzard, and here you are wishing for tropic breezes. Oy! Northerners!

    ReplyDelete