Thursday, February 2, 2012

Apathy


There are two things I really don't give a fuck about today. One is that overgrown rodent in Pennsylvania who predicted there will be six more weeks of winter. I mean really I have seen a few weather men who look somewhat feral and rat like but a ground hog predicting the weather. I don't think so. It is little wonder we cannot be taken seriously around the world. We have nuclear weapons but get excited about a prediction by a rodent. Maybe I should be so tough on the little guy. The way things are going we may end up with a weasel in the White House.

We took my mother in law grocery shopping today. Now that, in and of itself, isn't what I am complaining about. We can shop wherever we want but I thought we should leave the choice up to her. Much to my dismay the response was WalMart. I hate that place. The level of service sucks. The customers are rude and ignorant. They claim every day low prices while they screw consumers over by not passing on a significant portion of the huge discounts they demand from suppliers. In addition finding something on the shelf that is made in America. You could die of old age waiting in one of the two open checkout lines while 25 others have no cashiers. They don't care how long you wait and won't open another check lane no matter how many customers are waiting. There we stand in line like sheep going to the slaughter not saying a word. We wait silently while we crawl slowly to the front and get bent over the counter and sodomized by the ghost of Sam Walton. While we wait for the finishing touch on our screw job the clerk plays that popular WalMart game and tries to see how many plastic bags she can put your order in. I think the winner ends up being employee of the month.



So fuck that rodent Phil the Groundhog and WalMart!

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha. Wonderful. As you knowMr. Sutor I have sworn off Wal-Mart. I had to stand in line for 35 minutes for some mints and something else and that did it for me. Just too many other options for me down here. Now, if/when I return to G-Burg I may have to break my vow, but for now I can truly say my life has been enhanced.
    By the way, love the motivational poster at the top of your latest blog. It has motivated me to say, "Fuck it" for today - cancel all my appointments.
    Thanks for your kind words yesterday. Glad you enjoy my stream of unconsciousness. Oh, and the address you forwarded seems to be under construction. Hope you and Carol have a great weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, I found a winery in town and they ship. I see wine in your future.

    ReplyDelete