Friday, July 11, 2014

Insignificant

The picture above is of the Milky Way Galaxy. The square on the right is to give you an idea where our sun is located. The enlarged section below contains a small blue dot. That blue dot is 200 light years in diameter. What does that represent? The first radio broadcasts were about 100 years ago. The blue dot represents how far our radio broadcasts have traveled so far.

So do what I do. When I start to think that I'm important and that I have done something wonderful. When I think I'm not getting the recognition I deserve. I go out at night and look up at the sky. I realize how insignificant everything I ever did has been. How unimportant in the big scheme of things my accomplishments have been. Then I think about every kind thing that has ever been done for me. How others have helped me in the past. I realize that those actions mean nothing in the vastness of the universe but they mattered to me. They made a difference in my life. They changed who I was and how I thought. They changed how I see my fellow man and how I treat him or her.

So without all those folks who have touched my life. Who have helped me and treated me with kindness. I offer my humble thanks. My deeds are not my own but a reflection of the lives that have touched mine. The good I do is because of you. So the universe keeps me humble and your kindness motivates me to do what I can to benefit others.

1 comment:

  1. To get the BIG picture, look up. To get the real human side of it, look in.
    Nice post, Mr. Sutor.

    ReplyDelete