Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nature

This morning I had to go to Galesburg to buy more mulch. It seems like a task we are doing about every two days. On the way home a coyote ran across the road in front of my car. He was moving quick and had no interest in anything but getting into the corn field north of me. It got me to thinking. Coyotes are canines, just like dogs. Not domesticated but nonetheless canines. I've never seen or heard of a coyote chasing a car like dogs often do. Why is that? It would seem natural since dogs chase cars that coyotes would feel the urge from time to time. Is it because domestic dogs are just so bored they need something to chase. Maybe a bit of 'what the hell have I got to lose' in the dog's mind? Just something to ponder when you are bored.

The weeding is going well. Here are some pictures of my current project.

 This was before.
 This one and the next one are after.
While I was working I kept hearing a little bird chirping at me. I knew there had to be a nest somewhere nearby but for a long time I just couldn't locate it in the bushes.

This is the little bird.

Can you pick out her nest in this picture?

Here is a closer shot with a view of her one egg. I've been taking breaks every few minutes so she can check on things and sit on the nest a bit.

1 comment:

  1. First, nothing quite like one of those great day or two day projects to make you feel like you have accomplished something. Secondly, taking your camera with you, extra points awarded for being prepared. Thirdly, finding something to snap, as in a bird in the bush, makes it a lucky day for us viewers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete