Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pirates Again, Again

If you want to improve on pirates the best way to do so is to bring out the zombie pirates. This guy owned his part. He went with the go big or go home theory and he went huge. 




 This one was my pick for best looking utility vehicle or golf cart. Some effort and thought went into this piece of work.

 This is a family friendly event so WTF is sticking out of the front of this guy's drawers?
 Pirate wenches posing.
I mean no offense to these two individuals and the woman was by far not the worst dressed for the day. Mike and Nancy came down for the Beach Bum Parade in May. It is a giant water fight that runs from one end of the island to the other. It is the "official" opening of the tourist season. Pirate Fest is the activity that closes tourist season and those of us who live on the island reclaim it for the winter. If I were to choose by far my favorite is the Beach Bum Parade. I was asked several times by locals what I thought of pirate fest and my answer was always the same. It should be renamed "Dress your girlfriend like a hooker fest." I know I'm old and apparently now old fashioned. Too much heavy alcohol consumption, too much yelling "Arrrggghhhh!!!!!" and too many trashy looking women who needed more coverage. When you reach a certain age you can no longer pull off that pirate wench look. Keep in mind most pirates only had one eye covered. Too many looks at some of the wenches we saw this weekend would have many a pirate wishing he had a patch over BOTH eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment