Monday, October 20, 2014

Sleep

First things first. It is good to be back with all of you. Carol's sister Dee and her husband Rob were here from Wednesday evening to Saturday afternoon. It didn't seem right to interrupt their visit to blog. Yesterday was football. The Bears lost again and I was so aggravated I stopped listening to the game during the third quarter. Lily and I took a long walk. We have been walking at least once a day. Sometimes twice and on an occasion or two we have gone three times. Saturday afternoon we took a long walk, about 3 miles and at about 2.75 miles I realized I no longer had my pedometer hooked on my belt. That sucked but when I got home Carol gave me the fitbit she had ordered for me. So I guess it all worked out. What does all this have to do with sleep? Well sleep tracking is one of the things a fitbit does. It notes when you are awake after you tell it you are going to sleep. It tells you when you are restless. It tells you how long each of those things were cumulatively during the night. If you remember to tell it, when you wake up how long you slept. We recently gave up on having Lily sleep in her kennel. She, and we, are adjusting to having to sleep together. So now the fitbit tells me how often she disturbs my sleep at night. Generally it is only a few times. Last night the fitbit said I woke up two times for a total of 4 minutes. I only remember once and Carol and the dog were glad I got up that time. Old men and their bladders. I'm not sure I will ever sleep a full night again. The fitbit said I was restless 12 times for a total of 26 minutes. I suppose that would be the rolling around when I lay in one position too long and I get sore. I have noticed since I started the diet that I sleep better at night. The Tums every night has become Tums once in a while when I eat something spicy. My only food intake is at meals and nothing but water after the evening meal. I saw the following on Huffington Post and wanted to share the keys to a good night's sleep. If you are having trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep you may want to try these recommendations. I will close with their chart and a notice that since I am behind on posts there will be more posts later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment