Sunday, March 16, 2014

Passwords

I miss the old days. The days when Password was a game show. Open a new account, buy a game, email, charge cards, debit cards, paperless billing. Every one of them requires a password or a pin. Which account, what password, which pin, what's my security question. So to simplify life we try to use the same password or pin for multiple accounts. Make it something easy to remember but hard for anyone else to guess. What? Don't write them down or keep your pin with your debit card. Be sure to put in a symbol like &@$(/?!+^#%}{<€£¥\|]. All that makes me so mad I could just *#%£!

We got a security system for our house. I tried to sign into my account today to view my bill. Password is wrong. Fuck you, I wrote it down when I set it up. Email is wrong. Wrote that down at the same time. Send me a new password? Email not on file! FUCK!!! Called customer service. Answer 40 questions to establish who I am. Have to confess to them I am too stupid to use a computer at times. They say, "Don't worry happens all the time?" I guess that was their attempt to make me feel like I was normal stupid and not extra special short bus helmet wearing, crayon eating, tater tot loving dumb.


So now I will track all my passwords on my phone and my iPad. All I have to do is keep track of my password keeper password. Anyone see a potential problem here?

No comments:

Post a Comment