Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sick

It is not a good day to be at our house. I've had a cold for a few days and it is slowly getting better but my energy is just sapped. Carol got up this morning and I think has gotten what I have. You never want to be the guy who makes his wife sick. Having said all that today's post will likely be short.

I love, love, love the new iPad. Last year we got a new laptop that runs windows 8. Still trying to figure out how to make that machine cooperate. In less than a day with the iPad I have my music transferred, pictures are coming along, email is working flawlessly, Facebook is updated, almost everything is right with the world. Almost. I'm not a big gamer. Really just three things I like to play. Spades is a good card game even though my computer partner Megan makes some stupid plays. She can't comprehend how to protect your nil bid and she doesn't always trump right. The best thing to do to compensate is bid one less trick than you would with an experienced player. I have one driving game called Zombie Highway. You have zombies jump on the sides of your moving vehicle. You can remove them by brushing them off against a wreck car along the highway or you can shoot them. There are various vehicles and weapons you can earn based on your accomplishments. On my old iPad I had all the vehicles available and all the weapons. I had driven over 3,000 miles and killed over 103,000 zombies. The best weapon was the flamethrower. I had to load a new version on my new iPad so I have to start all over. That sucks. The other game I play is Candy Crush Saga *hangs head in shame*. I am on level 201 on the old iPad. Once again I had to start over. The final thing I
am having to adjust to is the sound effects in the games. They didn't work on my old iPad. Damn the music on Candy Crush is annoying.

All in all the iPad Air gets a huge two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment