Sunday, May 25, 2014

Confusion

I'm a simple man and many things confuse me. I went to Savannah today to take more pictures of the squares. Why do squares confuse me? There is a square named for Revolutionary War Hero Nathanael Greene. There is a monument to him as well in one of the squares. He is buried in one of the squares. You would think he would be buried in Greene Square and his monument would be there. His body initially lay in Colonial Park Cemetery. He was moved to Johnson Square and placed with the monument to his memory that stands in that square. Casmir Pulaski has a square named in his honor. He was originally buried in South Carolina. His body was moved and placed near the monument to his memory that stands in Madison Square. Why aren't the bodies and the monuments in the squares named to honor the men? I have no answer.

Next confusion. We were driving down Butler Ave. this evening and a couple of folks on bicycles rode up to a stop sign. All the crosswalks are marked telling you to stop for a pedestrian in the crosswalk. The riders moved over and rode across the street in the crosswalk. Do you yield because they are in the crosswalk? My opinion is that traffic laws apply to them since they are a moving vehicle and in traffic they are entitled to a lane and required to obey traffic laws. If I have to yield to them as pedestrians in the crosswalk would traffic have to yield to me if I drove my car across in the crosswalk. Technically to me they were as much a vehicle as me when they rode across in the crosswalk. Since I didn't hit them I guess there is no way to know the answer at this point.

Final confusion for today. I have many more but this is going to be enough for now. Rap music and hip hop music. I personally don't know the difference. They sound like the same thing to me. I'm an old white guy so rap is something you do when you want someone to answer their door and hip hop is something Peter Rabbit did on the bunny trail. What I do think is that whatever they are they must be a dying form. Why? Well I was watching Ellen yesterday. (Feel free to schedule a vote to revoke my man card) Who says everything  about retirement is great. Anyway there were two very pale British teenagers performing rap or hip hop since I can't tell them apart. The true doom for this musical style will come when an Irish ginger does rap or hip hop. I mean really can you get any paler than that?






No comments:

Post a Comment