Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Gift of Art

I am so thankful that those who have a talent creating pieces of art are willing to share their creations with those of us who have no talent. It is possible for me to watch what these talented people do hundreds of times. They could explain how they do it. They could stand back and walk me through each step of the process. My finished product would always look like it was created by a preschooler. Not a preschooler with talent. One who is using fingerpaints and eating paste from a jar. Anyway on to a small piece of what we saw yesterday on Tybee Island Beach created by college students.

 This was the first sculpture that greeted us as we entered the beach. We arrived about noon. The students were allowed to begin at 10am and were allowed six hours to create their art. These were some very motivated young men. I had no idea at this point what they were trying to create. The next picture made me feel kinda stupid for not figuring it out.
 Cool looking bees on that monster hive.
The nearly finished product.

 I liked this group because they didn't make me guess what they were making. This is their tiny model of what they intend to make.
 They are roughing out the shape.
 The monster appears to be closing in on its final form
The finished product. If you look in the upper right hand corner you will see a walrus and straight back a car taking shape. In future posts we will see better pictures of those. Today I must close as it is time to go to the Farmers Market. This time we are going to the one in Savannah. This afternoon at 3pm there is a rainbow parade put on by the area LGBT community. Yes, I will be there camera in hand taking pictures for future blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment