Tuesday, August 19, 2014

More Quilt Show Pictures

Off we go again to see my limited photographic skills applied to some folks beautiful quilts.

This is one of Carol's favorite quilt patterns. It is called a four patch posies. If you look at the red, white and blue boarder fabic (the inner boarder not the outer blue boarder) the squares are all made of that fabric. The difference in the squares is how the fabric is cut and sewed back together. As you can see the possibilities are virtually endless.

This is a close up view of a couple of the squares and the boarder fabric that was used to create the blocks.

I indicated in my prior post that I liked quilts that are red, white and black. This quilt fits that criteria but not in this picture. Sometimes automatic settings do things you don't intend. In this case, what was a vibrant red fabric is a variety of colors from red to orange. It is photography gone wrong.

Carol did not have a quilt in the show. This is however one of two in the show that she quilted. For those who do not understand the process she did not piece the top or the back. She did the decorative stitching that binds the top and back together.


What do the two quilts above have in common? They are the same quilt pattern done in different fabrics. Variations on a theme. Carol and I found them interesting because the first done in browns and darker tones would fit well in our log home. The second done in brighter colors would be a natural fit for our beach house.

This quilt is the second one in the show that was quilted by Carol. I would be an idiot if I didn't say it was my favorite quilt in the entire show. As bit of blog honesty, the quilt was constructed by my mother Anna Sutor. Given the problems I have had with photographs taken at this show I am pleased to report that this one is about as true to life as I got. The blues are that blue, the yellows are that bright. The quilt is wonderfully done and I know Mom is very pleased with her work.

Mom was at the show and graciously agree to pose with her art work. She is also a loyal reader of this blog and may disagree with my statement that it is a work of art. There really is no other word that describes what she has done here. Mom, it is a great work of fabric art.

There are more pictures to share but for now we close with Mom's quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment