Saturday, August 30, 2014

Reality Sets In

As you read yesterday I was quite proud of myself for being able to connect several devices to my laptop and get them all to work. Oh how things can change in a few hours. All the computer stuff still works but life gave me a little reminder that maybe I'm not as smart as I thought.

I did something a few days ago that it pains me to admit. I went to Sams Club. It basically is WalMart with bulk stuff. The same people shop there they just buy bigger packages of crap. We went to get kcups for coffee. The 80 count boxes are a good buy and we drink lots of coffee. While we were they, of course, we picked up a few more items. Wine (can't have too much of that), hot dogs (for Lily), and some ankle socks. I didn't want to be the old man walking around with sandals and shorts with the black knee high socks on. I'll wait and do that when the kids and granddaughters are here on vacation. Anyway, we bought an 8 pack of Champion brand ankle socks. I was laying on the couch last night when I happened to look down at my socks. Here is what I saw.

Note on the sock the L and R which indicate to the wearer which foot the sock goes on. When I noticed that I felt like something less than a champion. The good news, I guess, is that I had the socks on the correct feet according to the directions. Are we really that stupid? Do we need directions on the tops of our socks so we get them on the correct foot? Well that is all for now. I have to go mark my shoes with a sharpie so they get put on correctly. I hope Carol will help me.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be damned. Had no idea Sam was looking out for us so well. And all this talk about the dumbing down of America. Pish-posh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog by accident-I've been looking absolutely everywhere for those socks! I can't find where to buy more, or even what those were called. Even called Hanes toll free number, emailed them, and still no luck. :( Any chance you have the packaging still...?

    ReplyDelete