Sunday, August 3, 2014

Super Bee

Carol and I went to Oneida, Illinois yesterday for the Sweet Corn Festival. It is one of those small town things that make the Midwest the great area it is. There are a few vendors, some crafts for sale, music, games for the kids, and a car show. Last year I took a bunch of pictures up there and shared them in this blog. This year I only took pictures of two cars. If you were a teenager in the late 1960's or early 1970's there were a few cars that you really wanted. Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Road Runner, Cougar, and the Dodge Super Bee. Not just any Super Bee but the one with the 440 six pack. There was one at the car show yesterday. It is a car that if it is original and came from the factory like it is set up is easily a six figure car. Some exceptional models have gone on auction for 7 figures. Here are a few pictures of this amazing car.


 I'm not sure this car could hold much more engine in that compartment.
 Great shifter.
I enjoyed the contrast between these two cars parked next to each other at the show.

There was one more car that caught my attention. I give Chrysler Corporation kudos for introducing this car. When so many were working on cookie cutter designs they went out and made a unique and in my opinion beautiful car.

No comments:

Post a Comment