Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter and Bridges

I'll start with a short statement about bridges. I guess yesterday's post got me looking at signs. Today we went to Savannah to do some shopping and on the way home we took the Island Expressway. When it crosses one of the rivers there is a drawbridge. It would seem reasonable for there to be a sign which tells you the bridge might open up so you drive with due caution. My problem was that the sign stated the following:
DRAW
BRIDGE
AHEAD

Now to someone who understands English it is an admonition to make a drawing of the bridge. I looked but saw no art supplies. No one was pulling over to draw the bridge. I assume no one was transporting art supplies or everyone was just in too big a rush. Maybe I should organize a group and some Saturday we can block all the lanes, get our supplies out and start drawing.

On to Easter. I am no longer a religious person. It doesn't bother me if you are or are not. Carol asked me today if I was going to attend church down here and I told her I might go once. One of the bars we go to on Tybee Island holds a service on Sunday morning. They call it bar church. It an unfortunate turn of events church lets out before noon and alcohol cannot be served until after 12:30. I might go some Sunday just so I can say I went to Bar Church.

Easter is supposed to be about the resurrection of Jesus. It has become a Spring fashion show at most churches and a reason for kids to wander around on a lawn looking for candy. I'm not much on religious things anyway but it really bothers me when they become a merchandising scheme. I think the holiday hit rock bottom with this item offered on Amazon. It is a wind up rabbit that moves around dropping jelly beans out of its ass. Hey kids Jesus died for your sins. Want some candy out  of a rabbit's ass? Maybe it sounds better if I say candy out of a bunny's butt. Nope that wasn't it either.

I think I'll just have my candy out of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment