Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Take Time to Smell the ??? Flower

We got a good amount of rain over the weekend on Tybee Island. Along with the rain came some strong winds. So I have spent a fair amount of time today outside picking up all the fallen sticks. It is one of those times I miss being back in BFE. There I could drive around the yard with the tractor stopping here and there to gather sticks and throw them in the loader bucket. Here it is just walking around the yard bending over picking up sticks and trying to fit them in a yard waste bag. No burn pile here. Send it to be turned into mulch or compost. Old, fat and bending over a bunch of times is not my idea of a good time. So you have to look for benefits where you can. The flowers pictured below are on the west side of the house. I'm not sure what they are but they appear to me to be in the lilly family. So when you get busy and are working hard take a minute to smell the flowers and admire their beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment